Replace All Uses of yarn --frozen-lockfile With yarn --immutable --immutable-cache

The default yarn install command of the CircleCI node orb uses the deprecated flag --frozen-lockfile causing yarn to warn: ➤ YN0050: The --frozen-lockfile option is deprecated; use --immutable and/or --immutable-cache instead. A future version of the orb should use --immutable --immutable-cache instead. My understanding is that all versions of yarn that support --frozen-lockfile also support these flags. This would also imply updating the documentation of the orb and other mentions of --frozen-lockfile in CircleCI’s documentation.

There are other similar deprecation warnings related to CircleCI’s use of yarn. For example, the --cache-folder has been replaced with the cacheFolder setting in .yarnrc.yml. One would hence run yarn config set cacheFolder ~/.cache/yarn in yarn 2. On a side note: ~.cache/yarn is a typo in the Yarn partial cache restoration documentation, and should instead say ~/.cache/yarn.

Hello

We are following up on older tickets in the hope of helping tickets which may have been overlooked or missed in the past.

You can raise any issues with orbs on the linked GitHub for the orb: GitHub - CircleCI-Public/node-orb: An orb for working with Node.js on CircleCI

You can also raise a PR if you are happy to make the change yourself.

I will also make sure that I pass this feedback along to our development team who handle the Orb.

I will also make sure to mention the other similar deprecations that you have mentioned to them as well.

Thank you for taking the time for writing this up.

Kind Regards
Owen Oliver