Pull requests not triggering build

+1, gonna have to switch back to travis because of this, but I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

@FelicianoTech I’m curious why the option to “only build prs” and not “build prs as well as merges” This is the only thing preventing me from trying that option.

1 Like

+1 We really need this feature, since commits are often made on feature branch before the PR is open. And we need it to run a specific build for that PR for QA purposes

The “Only build pull request” is not what we want

Hi, our product team triages new features from the Feature Requests category here on Discuss. If the workarounds in this thread don’t deliver what you need, then I’d look through the feature request topic to see if someone has already requested this, and “heart” the post to show your support. If you can find one, then you can create one.

I found a few similar ones here:

oh thanks man. this did help me a lot :smiley:

It seems like an old thread. Could someone pls confirm if CircleCI can trigger a build on GitHub Pull Request Creation (from a branch in the same GitHub repository or from the Fork GitHub repository).

Per "Advanced Settings"
Build forked pull requests
Run builds for pull requests from forks. CircleCI will automatically update the commit status shown on GitHub’s pull request page.

Unless I am missing something, it appears this functionality is not working, i.e. I created a Pull Requests from a Fork, however, CircleCI did not trigger a build.

Thank you.

We need this feature too.
Would it be possible to define multiple “default branches” in config.yml file?

+1 for this, shocking this feature isn’t available. What a joke.