New UI now available for opt-in!

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll work on getting the test numbers back in. Slowest test will likely come later from our team working on our new Insights API.

The redirect blip will definitely go away in time once we’re ready to switch everyone over to the new UI.

Keep the feedback coming, we appreciate it!

Thanks for voicing this, it’s great feedback. We’re in the midst of overhauling our UI and making it action simple/intuitive/inspired is important to us.

Would you be willing to do a user experience session with us to share more thoughts? Happy to share a $50 gift card as a thank you: https://calendly.com/circleci-xteam/60min

Hi, how do I opt out of the new UI? I can’t find it at all. I’m getting 404 pages left and right.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. We did have some issues yesterday with AWS, hopefully it’s all squared now?

You can always opt-out from the left-hand navigation where this arrow indicates:

The new interface gives me the error Error: GraphQL error: Cannot return null for non-nullable field Job.branch.. I’m trying to opt-out right now. Is there a link that I can follow? The site is unusable right now.

@zaerl sorry to hear that! Did you try refreshing the page?
We will add an opt-out button to the GraphQL page to solve for this. If your work is blocked in the interim please contact support and we can maneuver on the backend to opt you out.

Unfortunately I tried everything. The page /gh/{org}/{job}/{index} generate the error (in the /api/v1.1/project/{repo}/{index} XHR the field “branch” is nil).

I will contact support, thanks.

@zaerl can you link us to the build that you are seeing this error on? We will get to the bottom of it on our end immediately.

Can I write this in private? The job contains the name of one of our customers and I don’t want to share this information publicly.

1 Like

Of course, email me at my first name @ circleci.com @zaerl

Should those last two screenshots be available to users that are currently enrolled in beta participation? I’m not seeing them.

The two things I miss most from the old UI are 1) workflow map, and 2) “rerun from failed”. I also really like that visualization of individual step progress.

1 Like

Hey! The screenshots use circles vs. squares to differentiate running vs complete. In the public opt-in for Jobs, they use these weird cube outlines w/ a blue/green that is brutal for colorblind people. Hopefully this is slated to change? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jrr,

The Pipelines list page design has changed with qualitative/quantitative feedback from our users and we are now heading towards a different design. You’ll hopefully see changing soon.

But I do have some good news:

1. The Workflow Map page is in development now and will likely be live in the next two weeks.
  2. Rerun from Failed shipped yesterday! It’s being slowly rolled out to users over the next few days.

Let us know if you have more feedback/questions!

Best,

Kate Catlin
Product Manager, Developer Experience

Hi @kmacdough,

Thank you for voicing! As we built this UI we’ve put effort along the way into designing for folks who are colorblind and other accessibility needs. Sorry to hear we screwed up here.

The circles and squares you’re mentioning are part of an older design to symbolize jobs in a pipeline, whereas these squares you’ve screen-shotted are for parallel runs within a single job. We do have designs created to change those boxes, though we’d like to test them with users first.

Want to do a UX test with us to ensure we nailed it? Happy to share a $50 gift card as a thank you: https://calendly.com/circleci-xteam/60min

Kate Catlin
Product Manager, Developer Experience

1 Like

Hi, I noticed there’s nowhere in the new UI that allows me to continue a job that’s on hold. Am I missing something?

1 Like

I guess this is a general problem with Virtual DOM architecture which you seem to have adapted for the new UI; my browser’s text search (Ctrl-F thing) doesn’t work with the build log anymore unless the target text is already visible onscreen. This is frustrating when you have 10k lines of log outputs to navigate through for troubleshooting.

Disquss is aware of this problem and activates the in-app text search by intercepting Ctrl-F instead. If I do Find in this Page via the browser menu bar to circumvent the in-app text search, I have the same problem; my browser can’t find scrolled-out messages.

Sure I can download the log, open a terminal, cd to the Downloads directory, type the correct file name and then run grep and less against it. But the whole purpose of the new UI should be improving UX, right…?

I think I have to go back to the traditional UI.

2 Likes

any roadmap for?

• autoscrolling on jobs

• all workflows or all queue jobs, or something to see the queue

1 Like

Hi @bricejlin, that functionality was not built yet when you posted but should be available now from the Workflow Map page. Is it working for you now?

@kai-alpha yes correct, we broke CNTL+F with our React implementation. It’s been frustrating and it’s on our roadmap to fix.

If desired in the interim, you can work around this issue by opening the STDOUT in the “download” view and CNTL+F from there:

Thanks for your patience as we iterate towards a better UX to help you solve your problems faster.

@bitgandtter thanks for asking!

• Autoscrolling for jobs should already be working. If it’s not, can you post a link to the job where it is not happening?

• A workflow of queued jobs is not on the roadmap at this time but is an interesting idea. Want to do a 60-minute UX session with us and explain more about your use case? Happy to share a $50 gift card as a thank-you. If you’re interested you can sign up here.