Moving CircleCI from XCode 13.2.1 to 14.2.0 blew up CircleCI with Exit status: 65

Hi there, we updated our config.yml to specify XCode 14.2.0 and now nothing will build. “ARCHIVE FAILED with Exit status: 65” Apple needs all of us to build with XCode 14.2.0 for App Store releases and we can’t find any way to resolve the issue we’re experiencing. I’m not a developer or experienced DevOps person. We’re happy to collaborate and/or pay one for support. We’d just like our builds to start running again. :slight_smile:

Has anyone else run into this? It seems to be very common with moving to XCode 14.2.0. I saw one suggested on StackOverflow to just remove setup_circle_ci but that didn’t do anything for us. Thankfully we’re playing around in a separate branch so we don’t need this working for another 10 days or so.

Thanks, Neil

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue – working on a solution but no dice yet. It seems to potentially be related to node. Ours fails in the build script phase for react native image bundle

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Weird enough it works fine in local.

I’m facing exactly this issue: exit status 65
when using xcode 14.x.x, but it works fine for 13.4.1 and below, the error messages below

[09:45:39]: ▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
Run script build phase ‘Run Script’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
Run script build phase ‘Start Packager’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
Run script build phase ‘Bundle React Native code and images’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
Run script build phase ‘strip unsupported archs’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
Run script build phase ‘Upload source maps to Bugsnag’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
Run script build phase ‘[CP-User] [RNFB] Core Configuration’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase. (in target ‘ProphetExchange’ from project ‘ProphetExchange’)
** ARCHIVE FAILED **
[09:45:39]: Exit status: 65
[09:45:39]:
[09:45:39]: Maybe the error shown is caused by using the wrong version of Xcode
[09:45:39]: Found multiple versions of Xcode in ‘/Applications/’
[09:45:39]: Make sure you selected the right version for your project
[09:45:39]: This build process was executed using ‘/Applications/Xcode-14.2.app’
[09:45:39]: If you want to update your Xcode path, either
[09:45:39]: - Specify the Xcode version in your Fastfile
[09:45:39]: ▸ xcversion(version: “8.1”) # Selects Xcode 8.1.0
[09:45:39]: - Specify an absolute path to your Xcode installation in your Fastfile
[09:45:39]: ▸ xcode_select “/Applications/Xcode8.app”
[09:45:39]: - Manually update the path using
[09:45:39]: ▸ sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app

Any updates on this ?

Any update on this issue . am facing same

Look like it’s really a node issue, I switched to use node 16 and it builds success

nvm install 16.20.0 && nvm alias default 16.20.0

orbs:
  node: circleci/node@5.1.0

then inside your job add

- node/install:
          node-version: '16.16.0'

Is there any update on this?? I am also facing the same issue.

Hi everyone, I finally sorted it out and moved from Intel to M1 at the same time. I think it’s the ITMSTransporter setting I changed to False, but I could be wrong and it was something else that resolved it. Here’s a snippet of my config.yml for CircleCI…I hope it helps!

setting ITMSTRANSPORTER_FORCE_ITMS_PACKAGE_UPLOAD: False didn’t help me, still getting the same error.

Any updates on this? I’m getting the same build error, specifying XCode 14+ (14.0, 14.1, 14.2, 14.3), as well as specifying node-version at 16.16.0

Also facing the same error. Any updates guys? Thanks

Hey Also facing same error. Any update

Did you try my suggestion above? Also search on my name…I might have written another solution somewhere else. We got it working though.