Having trouble setting up Deployment

I am on the trial and trying to get CircleCi set up for my iOS builds. I have made good progress but am stumped and after 2 days I do not know what else to try. Everything is building, testing, and working great until I get to deployment. I followed the instructions for iOS code signing and all that but I am getting a strange error from fastlane:

❌  Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.3'

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)
[10:34:18]: Exit status: 65
[10:34:18]: 📋  For a more detailed error log, check the full log at:
[10:34:18]: 📋  /tmp/circle-artifacts.hNhN5Mh/gym/shasta.iOS-shasta.iOS.log
[10:34:18]: Found multiple versions of Xcode in '/Applications/'
[10:34:18]: Make sure you selected the right version for your project
[10:34:18]: This build process was executed using '/Applications/Xcode-8.3.2.app'
[10:34:18]: If you want to update your Xcode path, either
[10:34:18]: 
[10:34:18]: - Specify the Xcode version in your Fastfile
[10:34:18]: ▸ xcversion(version: "8.1") # Selects Xcode 8.1.0
[10:34:18]: - Specify an absolute path to your Xcode installation in your Fastfile
[10:34:18]: ▸ xcode_select "/Applications/Xcode8.app"
[10:34:18]: - Manually update the path using
[10:34:18]: ▸ sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app

I added xcversion to the Fastfile but that didn’t change anything. Here is my fast file for reference:

fastlane_version "2.18.3"

default_platform :ios

platform :ios do
    #
  # Learn more here: https://github.com/fastlane/setups/blob/master/samples-ios/distribute-beta-build.md 🚀
  #
  lane :beta do |values|
    # Fabric generated this lane for deployment to Crashlytics Beta
    # set 'export_method' to 'ad-hoc' if your Crashlytics Beta distribution uses ad-hoc provisioning
    sigh(username: 'guillermoa@esub.com', app_identifier: 'com.esub.shasta-iOS')
    gym(scheme: 'shasta.iOS', export_method: 'development')

emails = values[:test_email] ? values[:test_email] : ['mobilebuilds@esub.com'] # You can list more emails here
    groups = values[:test_email] ? nil : nil # You can define groups on the web and reference them here
    xcversion(version: "8.3.2")

crashlytics(api_token: 'xxxxxxx',
             build_secret: 'xxxxxx',
                   emails: emails,
                   groups: groups,
                    notes: 'Distributed with fastlane', # Check out the changelog_from_git_commits action
            notifications: true) # Should this distribution notify your testers via email?

# for all available options run `fastlane action crashlytics`

# You can notify your team in chat that a beta build has been uploaded
    # slack(
    #   slack_url: "https://hooks.slack.com/services/YOUR/TEAM/INFO"
    #   channel: "beta-releases",
    #   message: "Successfully uploaded a beta release - see it at https://fabric.io/_/beta"
    # )
  end
end

I have tried so many different configuration changes I can’t even count.
With sigh it tells me my password is wrong (even if I add it as an environment variable and it is correct) and if I remove sigh it gives me the error shown above. PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

I’m almost certain that you have a code signing issue. Mainly because the error message from fastlane reads:

Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ …

Have you looked at the contents of /tmp/circle-artifacts…/shasta.iOS-shasta.iOS.log? I bet that might point you at the issue that caused the exact failure.