Gulp Command Not Found

I have a Docker image that builds successfully but I am having issues when it tries to run my tests. Whenever my process gets to this step:

sudo lxc-attach -n "$(docker inspect --format '{{.Id}}' $MY_BUILD_NAME)" -- bash -c gulp refresh

It returns with Exit code: 127 and says gulp command not found.
Normally if I click on EXEC in Kitematic (Docker GUI) it opens up a shell and I can run these commands just fine. But in this case its giving me “commands not found” issues.

Another thing I noticed is that if I cd into my /home/ directory, instead of running that gulp command, and run ls --the only directory I see is /ubuntu/ instead of /USERNAME/

It appears that its running the commands on the host and not in the container.

Here is my circle.yml file.

machine:
  node:
    version: 4.6.0
  services:
    - docker
    - echo "manual" | sudo tee /etc/init/mongod.override
    - sudo service mongod stop

dependencies:
  override:
    - docker info
    - docker build -t BUILD_NAME:latest .
test:
  override:
    - docker run -p 80:8080/tcp -p 8887:8887/tcp -p 27017:27017/tcp -it -d --name     BUILDNAME -e ENV=linuxlocalhost -v $(pwd):/home/USERNAME/BUILD_NAME BUILD_NAME:latest bash
    - sudo lxc-attach -n "$(docker inspect --format '{{.Id}}' BUILDNAME)" -- bash -c pwd   && ls && docker ps && gulp refresh

Hello,

Do you know what kind of filesystem you’re using in the base image?

Also, in your local environment are you using the same version that we support?

I am not entirely sure on the Filesystem question. We are using Ubuntu 14.04 as our OS. But we are using Docker version 1.11.2

Is there anyway we can execute within the docker container and not in the host.
If I run Docker -ps I see my container is running but the lxc-attach work around is not working.

If you need lxc-attach then you are stuck with Docker 1.9, it seems they removed lxc support from 1.10 on.

However,we realize our current docker situation is far from perfect and we highly encourage you to sign up for beta access for CircleCI 2.0 which includes native docker support.