Gem installs not working

Starting around 3:30 PM Pacific, gem installs stopped working on my builds from Rubygems. At first I thought it was a particular gem and I added Github as a source, but each time I do this it fails on a new gem. I also am able to uninstall and reinstall the gems locally just fine from Rubygems with no problem, and the gems are still listed on Rubygems with the version I am trying to use. I am getting an error like this:

Your bundle is locked to gyoku (1.3.1), but that version could not be found in
any of the sources listed in your Gemfile. If you haven’t changed sources, that
means the author of gyoku (1.3.1) has removed it. You’ll need to update your
bundle to a version other than gyoku (1.3.1) that hasn’t been removed in order
to install.

NVM, seems to be working again now

JK it’s failing again :smiley:

I’m encountering this issue as well… It is random as to when it succeeds or fails… I’ve had several jobs fail in the past 24 hours due to inability of bundler to find gem versions that do exist (e.g. gems that haven’t been updated in years like erubis or coffee-script). Retrying the job may get it working. One I’ve had to retry a few times to get it to move past the bundle install step.

As far as I can remember, we have always had rubygem problems with high throughput CI (even before CircleCI).

I would recommend setting the retry flag on your bundle install step:

-r, [--retry=NUM]                # Specify the number of times you wish to attempt network commands

This tends to alleviate our internet connectivity problems.

1 Like