Expanded rspec command

I’m running a Ruby on Rails application with RSpec and am in the process of moving to 2.0 but ran into an difference that is sort of important to me.

On 1.0 I could get the complete expanded rpsec command expanded with all the actual spec files included in each container. On 2.0 I can only see the this:

bundle exec rspec --colour --no-drb --order random --profile --format RspecJunitFormatter --out /tmp/test_results/rspec.xml --format progress $(circleci tests glob spec/**/*_spec.rb | circleci tests split --split-by=timings)

On 1.0 I got something like this:

bundle exec rspec --colour --no-drb --order random --profile --format RspecJunitFormatter --out /tmp/circle-junit.Vk2ImgB/rspec/rspec.xml 'spec/file1_spec.rb' 'spec/file3_spec.rb' 'spec/file3_spec.rb' --format progress

I thought that was really neat as I used the the debug flaky tests along with the seed and added the option --bisect.

Any chance I can do this with 2.0?

Sort of solved it with this build step:

- run:
          name: Run rspec in parallel
          command: |
            FILES=$(circleci tests glob "spec/**/*_spec.rb" | circleci tests split --split-by=timings)
            echo $FILES

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.