Debug with SSH has stopped working in BitBucket

Sorry but this was my response. So yeah I gave the details. I can’t move the repo to GitHub. :smiley: Thanks @drazisil. I’ll keep watching here.

1 Like

Please lets be nice folks. This is causing a lot of inconvenience and stress to all involved.

1 Like

Actually, @rmjsantos, You mentioned IOS, which I missed.

If you are using Fastlane , and set

environment:
      FL_OUTPUT_DIR: output
      FASTLANE_LANE: test

The xcode and Fastlane logs should output to that directoryand you can upload as artifacts and view that way. It’s mentioned here https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/ios-codesigning/#setting-up-fastlane-match but we keep forgetting to explain why we say to do that in the example config.

1 Like

Thanks @drazisil. I’ll try that.

Is there any new information on this issue?

It looks like BitBucket is waiting until they deploy their v2 APIs to make this change. We are meeting with them to make sure it will have what we need, but waiting for that announcement is likely the best source of updates for now.

Just an update here. I was able to solve my problem. Thanks everyone for the support. I’ll leave here what I did and maybe it will be useful for someone else. Source was https://support.circleci.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012553194-fastlane-gym-failed-with-ARCHIVE-FAILED-error-message-exit-status-65-

I don’t know why you need to ssh but in my case, I wanted to get all the log from a ios build so, what I did was generate the log as artifact to get the error message and solve the problem.

1 Like

Hi, Any update on this issue?

Hi there,
I am experiencing the same issue.
Is there an etc on that?

Still waiting on BitBucket to finalize/release v2 of their API with this access. We have requested another update from them.

This is horrible, Our tests are failing and we can’t even figure out why. I don’t understand why we can’t explicitly specify ssh keys on the circleci settings page.

Indeed @karthiknayak i propose the same solution at the start of this issue but it seems that there is no intention of doing so. Sadly, it will be a definitive solution

I’m not the team responsible for that part of the product, but I believe that without the ability to confirm/validate the keys with BitBucket that is not a valid solution.

Please understand that we are just as frustrated by this as you are, even if it’s hard to convey that across a forum.

1 Like

Why do you need to validate that ssh against any third platform? afaik this ssh key is only to ssh into the circleci container for debugging purposes, or im missing something here? we are not requesting an ssh key to be able to commit back, only to access circleci containers.

1 Like

Yeah that absolutely makes no sense. If you’re tightly coupling your product with another, ensure nothing breaks when the other changes. If not, don’t couple it. Especially when it doesn’t even need to be coupled.

First of all, my apologies for sending a few rage support emails when our whole process has been blocked by an unknown issue during the CI flow that we cannot even debug.

I’d suggest simply update the error message as a quick workaround to tell everyone that it is because of some changes on BitBucket.

Failed to enable SSH
No SSH key is found. Please make sure you've added at least one SSH key in your VCS account.

We are all developers and we understand how shits happen with integrations (and you cannot avoid integrations nowadays anyway)

I was so frustrated that I followed the instructions to “make sure I’ve added at least one SSH keys in my VCS account” and wasted a few hours simply trying to figure out what I did wrong.

I’d be fine to accept the fact that BitBucket’s change broke something that I could have saved my few hours.

Or simply put the link of this thread to the error message would be a big help already.

1 Like

I agree 100% with Kwun Lok Ng, I also spent quite a lot of time trying to figure what was wrong in my setup before getting to this thread, and at that point it was not even clear that was a BB issue.

Adding a link to this thread or an help page would be a thousand times better and save many many work hours to your users!

Feedback heard. At this time BitBucket estimates this to be fixed by next Friday. If that doesn’t happen I’ll raise the idea of editing the error message/changing the UI again.

Today I was successfully able to rerun a job with ssh enabled and ssh into the build container. Seems the bitbucket guys have fixed the issue

3 Likes

That is awesome news, thanks for sharing! I’ll mark this solved, please let us know if you see any weirdness.

1 Like