Database setup with 2 language

Hi,
I’m using mainly two languages in my dev stack: ruby and golang. I’m setting up database with ruby and I’m using this database (postgresql) on both ruby and golang.
Ruby side:
With setting up circleCi for ruby repo I have no problems - I can easily spin up database with rake db:create and rake db:migrate and run tests there.
Golang side:
I have no idea how to properly setup circleCi so that ruby would setup database for tests for me and then I could use golang to work with that db.

The only solution I’m seeing right now is to use custom image but maybe there is a way to setup db with ruby and then use that db with golang image? Let me know :slight_smile:

This step does not do anything ruby specific, its just making a DB and loading up the schema.

On the go side, you should be able to connect to the same exact database that was created in your ruby step using a connection URL that refers to the docker image that you are using for your db.

If you share your entire config we can give you some more pointers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.