CircleCI not able to checkout public repo

We are using CircleCI for our open source project. From last few days the build is failing for one of the repository. It is not able to checkout the code and error says Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Here is the link for CircleCI failed workflow.
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/github/project-sunbird/sunbird-data-pipeline/3961/workflows/790cfa3a-9770-408c-aad5-396c284408c8/jobs/4074

Please someone help us on this?

Hi! Welcome to Discuss!

If this keeps happening you can try resetting webhooks, checkout keys, and deploy keys associated with the project. That will help us make sure you’re working from a clean slate.

Try the steps in the Support Center article below. Once that’s done, refollow the project on CircleCI, which should allow builds to start again.

How to manually stop building by removing your deploy key and webhook from GitHub

If you’re still having trouble, of course, please do let us know and we’ll be happy to take a look!

@thekatertot Thanks for the response, I followed the steps which is there in the link but still facing same issue. Please help.

@thekatertot Any findings?

Thanks for your patience!

After some digging, we can see that there is a lot of git-related auth in the environment variables. Most of the time, those aren’t necessary at all because CircleCI handles the auth for you when we create the key and add it to GitHub. It’s hard to say, but there’s a chance one of the tokens in the envar is expired.

Thanks @thekatertot, just to clarify I was using the git related auth in environment variables because of other reason I was trying to send an email about the status of the job.
Now I have removed all the variables except sonar_token which is required for quality analysis, still getting same error.

1 Like

After removing environment variables, again just did stop building the project and followed the project again. It started working!
Thanks a lot @thekatertot

1 Like

Any idea why this issue occurred, Is it because of the git token got expired?

I think it’s the most likely culprit!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.