CircleCi breaks job with CIRCLE_COMPARE_URL

Im getting an Exit code 1 on CIRCLE_COMPARE_URL for all my branches at the moment.

This issue has happend before when we have created a new branch trough bitbucket, then we have solved it with another commit.

This time i created a new branch, and made a commit. Got the error. And after that all branches crashes. It was working fine last week, and nothing was touched during the weekend.

Any ideas how i can solve it?

checking if my-branch-name is a new branch...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100    37  100    37    0     0    352      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   355
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes, my-branch-name is new and 0251260616f34be0e701919ab0f78ad557a9c4b5 is its only commit
finding most recent ancestor commit from any other branch...
100    37  100    37    0     0    445      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   445
100    37  100    37    0     0    474      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   474

Exited with code exit status 1

CircleCI received exit code 1

:wave: Hi @marcuscarlsson86,

I believe you also opened a Support ticket about this problem you’re having.

My understanding is that one of your command can, in some cases, generate a return code 1 (which your script expects to happen). However, when it does, the shell in which the command is running gets that return code and it causes the whole step to exit and fail.

A solution would be to include a Bash trap to catch the return code 1 (exit signal) and handle it within your script.

1 Like