Builds from forks failing on Spin up Environment

We are seeing all builds from forks fail when a build runs. They are all failing on Spin up environment:

https://circleci.com/gh/DCAFEngineering/dcaf_case_management/4220?utm_campaign=vcs-integration-link&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=github-build-link

Build-agent version 0.1.799-f865b43f (2018-10-11T12:48:06+0000)
Downloading previous test results from 
https://circleci.com/gh/DCAFEngineering/dcaf_case_management/4216
Error downloading previous test results: failed to download from: s3://production-test- 
results-service/processed-test- 
results/github.com/DCAFEngineering/dcaf_case_management/4216/729f800c-6e39- 
402a-a05d-58abcba53718.json: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = 

This is a bit mind boggling as when I look at the link for the build it mentions, I can see it show:

Archiving the following test results
* /home/circleci/abortioneering/test-results

Uploaded 

This looks like a bug on CircleCI 2.0 to me, but it’s hard to tell as I can’t dig much deeper. Any help would be appreciated!

hey, sorry to be a bother and bump this – I’m a coworker of DarthHater’s, and this is still a hassle for us a month and change later (and impacting our ability to accept contributions to a community open source project). Is there a reason why forks might not be authorized to download from s3 buckets or something like that?

1 Like

It looks like it is trying to fetch test results, presumably related to the store_test_results which you have in there.

1. I would try commenting out this feature to start with. I wonder if test results are now cached against this job, but this is worth a try
  2. Is the S3 address accessible from a local S3 browser on your machine? You can get a free application to test this
  3. Consider sending an email to support@circleci.com. Historically, CircleCI have only offered ticket support to paying customers, but I think it is open to everyone now. I suggest describing the problem you have (rather than merely linking here) so that everything a developer needs to dig into it is in one place.
  4. Is this your S3 bucket or one belonging to CircleCI? I am pondering how the authorisation works for one branch and not another - maybe Contexts or something work differently per branch?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.