Action failed: Setting Java version to Oracle 7

Setting Java version to Oracle 700:00config
Exit code: 2
update-alternatives --set java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/java
update-alternatives --set javac /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javac
update-alternatives: error: alternative /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/java for java not registered; not setting
update-alternatives: error: alternative /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javac for javac not registered; not setting

returned exit code 2

My circle.yml - https://gist.github.com/Andoctorey/579b1086fce05488201bf798021c2729

The problem was in these lines:

java:
    version: oraclejdk7

Changed to oraclejdk8 and it helped :wink:

That helped but the project I’m building requires Java 7 to be used so this isn’t a solution for me.

The strange thing here is that I’ve been able to successfully use oraclejdk7 for some time but suddenly it stopped working. I’m not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I changed the build environment from Ubuntu 12 -> 14? I also tried to change back to the previously working environment Ubuntu 12 but the problem persists and my builds keep on failing:

update-alternatives: error: alternative /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/java for java not registered; not setting
update-alternatives: error: alternative /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javac for javac not registered; not setting

returned exit code 2

This has happened to our builds a lot lately. Builds that used to work are now failing with this error. Any news about when this will be fixed?