Workflow: requires doesn't work

Hi and first of all thanks for giving me the opportunity to try out workflows. It is for me the last piece of the “parallelism” puzzle and think its a great step to improve ci tooling. Together with better branching (if this happened do that) and utils for communicating progress (custom github build status updates, …) CircleCI would – to me – be as perfect as a CI could be.

Onto the issue; I can’t get “requires” to work:

version: 2
jobs:
  build:
    steps:

lint:
     steps:

test:
    steps:

workflows:
  version: 2

build-and-validate:
    jobs:
      - build

- test:
        requires:
          - build

- lint

Above example silently fails. If I remove “requires” the build and lint phase works fine but not the test phase (seeing how it relies on build). I was pasted an example from your support that I used as reference. I’ve since replied but haven’t heard back. This is likely a better forum for support anyway!

You need another indent on both lines of requires: - build

ouch. Ok. It would be great if there was validation feedback on yaml for workflows similar to how it works for other builds. Thanks for your feedback, will test.

Totally agree. We had to debug that error ourselves on Friday where no builds are spawned from a YAML error :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.