What do you want from the community?

Hello, community!

Our discussion forums here have, I think, wandered from the plan when we first created them. As the new Community Support Manager, I want to hear from you, what do you want from the community?

If you could answer the following questions below, as well as leave me any honest (but polite) feedback, both positive or negative, I want to know.

• What is your expectations when you visit this forum?
  • How well do we meet them?
  • What can we do better?
  • What are we doing well?

I’ll finalize with an update on some feedback I’ve already received: “Don’t auto-close”. To that answer, the only new topics that will auto-close are those marked solved. Additionally, if you find a thread that never received a response and auto-closed in the past, please let me know so I can either update it or open it.

I really look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for being CircleCI customers! (even if you don’t currently pay us, you are still customers :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It would be nice not to have discussions closed until they are actually resolved. It makes it difficult to work on long running / outstanding issues when the discussions are closed prematurely.

This is something I’ve attempted to address, @whereisdarran. Are you referring to a recent post that was closed unsolved, or an older one you would like me to reopen?

it was probably an older one - i will reach out when i find another one - thank you!

1 Like

Could someone tell me how do I get training for code

I wonder if you are on the wrong website. In the unlikely event you want training to use CircleCI, I don’t think it can be found here - consider finding a CI contractor on AirPair or similar.

Hi Walter. Can you explain a bit more about what you are looking for?

This is good :smile:

1 Like

@drazisil Hi Joe, thanks for creating this space for conversation! I’ve had good experience with the discussion forum a couple of times where a simple internet search threw me to relevant feedback from CircleCi developers. Seems like it’s not canned answers but genuine dialogue which is great. Sometimes it’s not the case though, today I wanted to use wildcards (*) when saving artifacts, and I found this post, which was closed without an answer:

https://discuss.circleci.com/t/wildcards-in-path-definition-for-uploading-artifacts/18992

another example regarding the same issue:

https://discuss.circleci.com/t/store-test-results-wildcard-paths/14519

To be clear, an answer like “this won’t be implemented” is also acceptable, although not preferred. :slight_smile: But then at least I could go on my way and hack something together. Issues closed without an answer just leave me wondering. So if it’s in your power please reopen 18992. Thank you!

2 Likes

@Attila Hi Attila! Done, I have opened both topics. Regarding an answer, I’m not sure. I have something may help, let me think and get back on those threads. Can you post more there about your needs and use case?

1 Like

A good way to effect this is to click on the “flag” feature on a question, so you can send a message to moderators about a thread directly.

2 Likes

@drazisil Thanks! I’ll write there now