Spin up Environment: Error no such image after pulling the image

CircleCI pulls my image but then fails with Error: no such image. This is very confusing to me, as it doesn’t have any problems finding and installing the layers.
I am able to pull and run the image without problems on my own machine and TravisCI. The image I am using is ahoischen/3ds-homebrew-ci-primary:latest. An example of a failing build is here: https://circleci.com/gh/ahoischen/3ds-homebrew-ci/27.

I’ve investigated pretty extensively but I’m unsure. Can you share your Dockerfile so I can take a closer look?

The same thing happens to one of my images and I think it is a matter of the inherited docker image.

Basically if in my dockerfile I put:

• FROM wpbakery/ci-wordpress:php7 – it doesn’t work
  • FROM wordpress:latest – it works

I think that in the parent image the entry-point is messed up, but I can’t investigate it further since I’m such a docker newbie

But CircleCi 2 is awesome and I’ll keep trying

Sorry for my late reply; I didn’t receive a notification email but a summary email listed this as an unread notification.

The Dockerfile is here: https://github.com/ahoischen/3ds-homebrew-ci/blob/master/.circleci/images/primary/Dockerfile. I just ran another build and got a different error message:

failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): Container ID 197609 cannot be mapped to a host ID

A quick google search didn’t turn up any results. I am no longer working on this project, so if you don’t think this is an issue with your product or its documentation, feel free to close this thread.

Got the same issue, any help?

I can absolutely help. Can you link me to a build where you’re seeing that?

Did I ever respond to you? I’m not sure I got a notification for this, either.

I think your tar has ownership that violates our namespace. Running this command will also yield that error:

cpanm install Perl::Critic

I’m having the same issue, but I’m too new to Docker to make use of your reply. How can I change the image I’m using so that it doesn’t have ownership that violates the namespace?

Can you PM me the build where you’re seeing this?

Compounding my embarassment, I don’t know how to send a PM on this platform… I need docs for the docs!

Haha you’re not the first and you won’t be the last.

You can click on my face and then Message from the popup menu you are presented.

Here’s what I see when I click on your picture. Maybe your badges are covering the message button?

I’m using Chrome.

Welp.

I will PM you - maybe you can respond.

@jamesvhays I just gave you access/permission to PM users. You’re able to PM @rohara now.

Thanks for the help @rohara! It looks like one of the file I had ADDed to the docker image had some ownership issue that was causing a problem. I removed that file and the problem went away.

One remaining question: should this happen again, is there any way to find out which file is causing the problem besides iterating on the Dockerfile?

I really hope so. :slight_smile: But I don’t have a snazzy find command to do it, yet.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.