Option to enable build on several "default" branches

Hi,

Currently, when the “Only build on branches with open PRs” option is enabled, it only builds those branches and master. It would be neat being able to specify other branches (such as staging, production), so that when PRs are merged on those branches it would trigger a build (and of course a deployment).

Thanks in advance!

Continuing the discussion from Option to enable build on several "default" branches:

Hi Guys,

I’m facing the same problem. It would be awesome to have multiple default branches. At the moment we open a PR for staging, but it sometimes closes when we merge a branch to master.

Thanks guys!

Any news on this? When using gitflow and develop and master branches and then specifying your Default branch as develop I suspect Circle won’t be automatically ran on merge from develop to master?

Continuing the discussion from Option to enable build on several "default" branches:

Same issue here.
Using develop as a default branch, building PRs.
Merges to master don’t trigger builds.
This is even worse when using Workflows, as you basically have no way to manually start a “Not run” workflow, according to this discussion: How to trigger manual workflow runs?
This leaves me in a situation where my pipeline is completely broken unless I either have master as a default branch or build all commits.

Yes I want this too

We have a similar issue in our project. With typical git flow we have a development branch as our default and that auto builds. We also have only PR’s building. So that leaves the master branch out in the cold. It would be great if we could specify an additional branch (master) to auto build.

Our current work around is to have PR that just sits around so that master will always be built. That feels a little clunky.

Any chance you guys are working on a feature that would make this work?

Thanks
Jon

(I’ll ask a moderator to merge these two threads, though I appreciated the old category is closed down. You may be better posting in the /ideas widget instead, so this is potentially added to the roadmap).