Having issues since I have a very long file name

Receiving objects: 100% (133926/133926), 182.31 MiB | 42.67 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (103133/103133), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
error: unable to create file spec/fixtures/vcr_cassettes/receiving_service/receive_by_tracking_upc/when_the_tracking_code_matches_an_order_upc_found_in_our_database_wrong_size_and_wrong_sku_upc_s_size_and_sku_don_t_match_any_other_order_or_product_from_this_seller_returns_json_with_message_and_the_order_associated_with_the_tracking_label.yml (File name too long)
fatal: unable to checkout working tree
warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.
You can inspect what was checked out with 'git status'
and retry the checkout with 'git checkout -f HEAD'

I would love the ability to either force the system to only clone this branch, on which I have removed this long file name.

It looks like your clone succeeded, so you could do a Git branch rename afterwards, and then do a manual checkout.

‘My’ clone succeeded, but this is still the built in “checkout” command. There is no “after” for me to control.

Right, OK - my comment still holds though. I would do this:

• Delete your checkout key (it is optional)
  • Add a run step to do a Git shallow clone (changing “my” clone in scare-quotes to a real my clone :smile: )
  • Add a run step to do a Git branch rename
  • Add a run step to do a Git checkout

Do let me know if I have just misunderstood your problem, of course.

So yeah, I’ve already gone down this path before making this post and it doesn’t work.

Even if it did I really don’t want to opt out of a pre-approved and circle CI managed process. I have enough to manage.

Further, Circle CI seems to be doing too much work here. Why clone the entire repository when the specific branch makes way more sense?

Well, OK. Travis next to try, then? :laughing:

(Happy to suggest other ideas if you can supply more information than “doesn’t work”).

Maybe Travis correctly documents their breaking changes between major versions.

Investigating further this seems to be a problem specifically with disk encryption: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6114301/git-checkout-index-unable-to-create-file-file-name-too-long/6114588#6114588

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.