Since Friday, we can’t clone inside a job step a specific private repository from Github with SSH. The strange thing is, it’s still working on one other CircleCI 2.0 build (with the same deploy key and Git & SSH versions). Cloning other Github repositories works.
The error message is:
Cloning into ‘REPOSITORY’…
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address ‘184.108.40.206’ to the list of known hosts.
ERROR: Repository not found.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Exited with code 128
Things I’ve tested:
- It works locally with the same private SSH key.
- Adding a second deploy key on Github, as this message often means that the private key is not correct. Same error. On Github, it displays “Never used — Read-only” for this key.
git clonewith HTTPS credentials works in the build container.
git cloneworks in the same job step with different Github repo (with another deploy key, for sure).
- I reproduced the error with different base images:
- The working build’s base image:
- All images above have the same Git & SSH versions:
- openssh-client (7.4_p1-r0)
- git (2.11.1-r0)
What could be the reason?