Error on running tests while migrating from circleci v1.0 to v2.0

I am migrating my project from circleci v1.0 to v2.0 and I have updated syntax accordingly.
While running python tests;

python manage.py test --settings=test_settings

i am facing an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “manage.py”, line 10, in
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
File “/home/circleci/project/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py”, line 354, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File “/home/circleci/project/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py”, line 328, in execute
django.setup()
File “/home/circleci/project/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/init.py”, line 17, in setup
configure_logging(settings.LOGGING_CONFIG, settings.LOGGING)
File “/home/circleci/project/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/log.py”, line 86, in configure_logging
logging_config_func(logging_settings)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/logging/config.py”, line 794, in dictConfig
dictConfigClass(config).configure()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/logging/config.py”, line 576, in configure
‘%r: %s’ % (name, e))
ValueError: Unable to configure handler ‘syslogger-remote’: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable
Exited with code 1

Note that this was working fine with v1.0.
I am not sure why it cannot detect my logging handler.

Could you share a link to your build, and post your config file either in a code block or in a gist at https://gist.github.com/? This will help a lot to debug your issue.

If you can share both the 1.0 and 2.0 configs that would be good.

Hi @grahamw,
Thank you for replying,
I am not sure if i can share build link with you since it is a private project.

However, here is the config file, it has both of my v2 and v1 settings. Please note v1 is all commented out and it was working fine and v2 is the active settings that i am trying to run and facing the above mentioned issue.

OK, so I’ve only been using CircleCI on 2.0 but from what I’ve read it looks like you weren’t using docker previously. So, for a faster path to a resolution for you and to only change a couple of lines, I’d flick over to using the machine image in 2.0 as well. I’ve just been using a machine image myself recently, and it has python2.7.12 setup on it by default through pyenv.

https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/executor-types/#using-machine

If you change over to that, I suspect you’ll get a win faster and can then investigate using a docker image if you want to.

@grahamw Thank you for this idea. I have switched to machine image but still facing alot of other type of issues. I am trying to resolve those now.

No problem. :+1: Maybe it’s worth checking that the 2.0 build uses the same machine image by default as 1.0 as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.