Correctly update primary container image

Hello there,

we are using a custom build image that we continuously improve. I recently added some commandline tools to the image (in this case the “zip” command). We don’t need any versioning of the image as it is purely for building/testing and we always use the latest version.

We built it, pushed it and it’s available on docker hub (qixxit/elixir-centos in case you’re interested).

To test I deleted the image locally and ran docker run -it --rm qixxit/elixir-centos:latest to verify that the zip is availaible.

Whenever I run a new build though, circle does not recognize the fact that there is a new image available:

Starting container qixxit/elixir-centos:latest
  using image qixxit/elixir-centos@sha256:3f6f99242019639efbe38223ed86e6b636c9ed2e4280e321a9c379096ee3fbd5

Is there a way to reset the image caching of circle? I don’t want to introduce versioning only to trigger image pulls.

There was some discussion about this early in the beta here. We suggest avoiding using latest for the reasons outline above.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.