Copy files from one container to another

I’m a bit confused by this. In Ionic, we’re using containers to spread out our demo builds. When the demos are done building, I’d like to copy them over to the container that runs the deploy steps.

I don’t understand from this example how to format a command like that, copying files between containers.

For reference https://circleci.com/gh/driftyco/ionic

How to: mount volumes to copy configuration files or artifacts between containers

Can you elaborate on that? How have you achieved this elsewhere?

I have not achieved it elsewhere.

Our Build Demos step spreads the process of compiling our demos across 4 containers. Then, if all demos build and other tests succeed, we copy the demos to another repo during the deploy stage.

Since the deploy stage is run by the first container, it only has its the first of 4 demo batches on its file system.

I’d like to somehow get the generated demos in ~/ionic/dist/demos/ from containers 1, 2 and 3 into the ~/ionic/dist/demos/ directory of container 0.

Right now, the only solution I can think of is to copy them off to AWS or something and then copy them back in the deploy stage.

Maybe you want to store them as an artifact with our service and pull them down via the API.

Thanks, this will have to do for now. Maybe a feature to consider for the future. I’m not sure how common of a problem it is though.

I have an open internal request for SSH support between containers like 1.0 supported. I don’t think it’s on the roadmap yet, though.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.