Cannot find a job named `build` to run in the `jobs:` section of your configuration file

Build-agent version 0.0.4869-fac853b (2018-04-17T20:59:55+0000)
Configuration errors: 1 error occurred:

• Cannot find a job named build to run in the jobs: section of your configuration file.
    If you expected a workflow to run, check your config contains a top-level key called ‘workflows:’

…however I have this section. How do I debug? I’ve checked for whitespace (though, I’d expect this to throw an error), plus read the other threads, to no avail.

These error messages really suck.

I was originally minded to reply with “your question really sucks”, on the basis that asking for help with config and not showing that config is confusing, but that wouldn’t be very nice :wink:

So, (a) would you show your config here please, in a formatted block, and (b) remember that the engineer who wrote those errors probably agrees with you, but they’re human, and you might as well be nice, in case they’re reading your post.

thanks; turns out it’s something really not obvious - if you require something in a workflow that’s a job, it doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.