Broken branch filters? Broken build-on-tag support inadvertently added?

We’re seeing what appears to be branch filters ignored, and it started roughly 15 minutes ago. The project in question is a 2.0 build, using workflows. The actions that seem to be triggering are new tags pushed to github. When a new tag is pushed, it triggers all 3 workflows in the project, where all 3 workflows have branch filters. We’ve never seen 2.0 builds trigger on tag, and there’s been a ticket open for a while. If you’re trying to dark launch that feature today, it’s not quite working like you’d expect.

Anyone else seeing this?

Broken workflows UI

:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up. You’re right on all counts. We are rolling back tag support until the interaction with branch filters can be improved.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. We were in process of rolling back our tag support for Workflows. We realized that it didn’t work as expected. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will update you as soon we resolve this issue.

Are we talking resolution in minutes, hours, or days? That will determine whether we go ahead and temporarily cut the tie between github and circle?

We are not building tags as of 16 minutes ago.

Good to hear. Thanks for the quick update.

@KunalJain or @lewang is there any ETA on tag triggers working?

Workflows now support git tags. You can read more about it here. Please let us know if you are having issues.

I am definitely having issues. I have a workflow with tag filters on all jobs as described in the documentation, but pushing a tag (or creating a release in github) does not trigger the workflow

I believe I have discovered the problem. it’s not that the tag isn’t being triggered, it is that workflow view doesn’t display any workflows run against tags. If I’m in build view and look at the top level project filter, it shows the tag run, but nowhere else am I able to see it was run.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.