Best way to auto deploy to elastic beanstalk

I’m hosting my web app on elastic beanstalk and there doesn’t seem to be any documentation on amazon or circle ci regarding auto deployment. I don’t think AWS Code Deploy works for elastic beanstalk, so I’m a little lost.

Has anyone else tried this before?

Thanks!

You should be able to make it work using the ElasticBeanstalk CLI. We don’t have any guides on how to achieve that right now, so we’ll be super thankful if you post your circle.yml here when you find a way to do EB deploys. Thanks, and sorry for not being more helpful in this case.

I’d also like to know this.

Stumbled upon https://dzone.com/articles/continuous-deployment-circleci-aws-elastic-beansta

Hope it helps! :smile:

1 Like

Hi there - the above article is OK, but one (of a few we found) that talks about Cicle, Docker, and EB… It also is a bit complicated. If you are doing a more normal deploy on EB, this GitHub gist nailed it for us.
Also - if you have your AWS keys for an IAM you created for circle and add those to your circle config, you don’t need the setup-eb.sh

4 Likes

This Gist was working for me too, but has just started failing with OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools-3.4.4-py2.7.egg'. Are you getting the same?

1 Like

Update:
I solved this by specifying awsebcli==3.7.4 in my circle.yml

dependencies:
    pre:
      - sudo pip install awsebcli==3.7.4

Previous:
I am also getting this problem now as well:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools-3.4.4-py2.7.egg

1 Like

I too had the issue with missing setuptools-3.4.4-py2.7.egg which I solved following the guidance on Unable to install awsebcli due to missing setuptools

Non of the tutorials worked, but I added the code and a tutorial to this repo:

Cheers guys!

1 Like