"Auto-cancel redundant builds" not working for Workflow

workflow

Recently moved our 2.0 builds to use Workflow for concurrency.

We need the auto cancel since updating AWS CF stack blocks further updates until the current update is finished.

Previously, the build would cancel and the newest job takes precedence.

Any plan on the roadmap to support this for Workflow?

Option to cancel Workflow at a designated job
Enforce Job Queuing [Run only on one build at a time]

We have not added support for Auto cancel redundant builds on Workflows. We will update you once we release this feature.

Thank you so much for your patience.

thanks. any ETA you can share?

A big +1 on this - we’re using workflows, and having concurrent builds of the same branch can lead to all sort of weird situations. I’m currently manually cancelling builds to avoid the problem but I’d love to see this feature deployed.
Thanks!

+1 for this useful feature to be back-ported for Workflows.

There is an option in UI
which doesn’t work for Workflows.

+1 for this from me as well! Just switched over to Workflows to handle different deploy scenarios based on branches. Would love to see auto-cancel builds make its way to Workflows.

+1 for the feature

:+1: for this feature request!

+1 from me!

@KunalJain any news on this? Should this topic be flagged as a v2.0 feature request?

+1 for this feature!

+1, repetitive commits on a branch can slow down the whole team, people now have to manually cancel them.

+1 really need this feature as well.

I’d love this feature as well, please!

Heard from Circle staff that this might be released in early Q4

Obviously a huge deal. hopefully will also make Workflow and 2.0 first class citizens. There are quite a few things that are missing right now.

Has anybody worked up a patch for this? I’m thinking about a job in the beginning of the workflow that checks for other pending builds in the same branch, and fails the build, for example, or cancels itself (if that’s possible), probably using CircleCI’s API (but I don’t know if that can be done).

Anyone?

Has anybody worked up a patch for this? I’m thinking about a job in the beginning of the workflow that checks for other pending builds in the same branch, and fails the build, for example, or cancels itself (if that’s possible), probably using CircleCI’s API (but I don’t know if that can be done).

Anyone?

Unfortunately there’s no auto-cancel and there’s no API support for workflows yet.

it is really important for us; +1

Another +1 for this issue… Any ETA on when we can expect to be able to leverage this for workflows? Not having it is a big problem for us…

+1. Workflows are mostly unusable without this feature! Please update with an ETA!

+1 an ETA would be very helpful