Allocating remote docker engine error

I’m getting this error now.

Allocating a remote Docker Engine
....................................................................................................
Got error while creating host: Maximum number of retries (100) exceeded
Got error while creating host: VM creation failed

Allocating a remote Docker Engine stuck

Thank you for reporting this. I’m checking with our engineering team about this.

Still don’t working…

Experiencing similar problems right now that allocating a remote Docker Engine takes very long.

Occasionally the Docker Engine is available after a couple of minutes, sometimes not at all. I am not sure if for the latter the process stalls forever or I just need to wait a little bit longer. I did cancel the build after 10 minutes of waiting.

For the record, it worked fine yesterday with allocation times between 30 to 90 seconds.

best
-act

Still dont working, more then 30 minutes

+1 Stuck at “Allocating a remote Docker Engine”

Same here I’m afraid…

We depend on this step to build our production environment, when will this be fixed?

Our engineers reported that a couple instances in our fleet got stuck with builds. I tried running ten builds with setup_remote_docker to reproduce the problem and didn’t see it. For now, I suggest cancelling and retrying affected builds. Meanwhile, I’ll make an internal ticket to investigate the responsiveness and reliability of this step.

Hi Eric, thanks!!

We are experiencing various results with the setup_remote_docker command, sometimes it will just take 10 seconds, sometimes 3 minutes sometimes it will just spend 30 minutes and then return an error.

Just some additional info to help you guys figure it out. At the moment all is pretty stable! Thanks!!