Add PhantomJS 2.1.1 to the platform

It would be nice to have PhantomJS 2.1.1 installed and available in some form, so we do not have to install it manually.

5 Likes

For reference, for PhantomJS 2.0, CircleCI provided a dynamically-linked build hosted on AWS:

For now, using the official release PhantomJS 2.1.1 static build seems to work just fine.

We can update to 2.1.1 later but here is the circle.yml for people who wants to try the new version.

machine:
  pre:
    - sudo curl --output /usr/local/bin/phantomjs https://s3.amazonaws.com/circle-downloads/phantomjs-2.1.1
2 Likes

Thanks! That’s much simpler than my roundabout method for getting and using the official static build.

Thanks, kimh! Now I don’t have to figure out where to host a binary.

Given that it’s been more than 6 months since this reply, is CircleCI going to actually upgrade the default PhantomJS to 2.1.1 or not? Would like to see that before manually editing our Yaml file again.

Thanks!

1 Like

Want to bring this up again. Is there any chance we can get this set up? We are using the workaround above, it’s incredibly flaky. Randomly doesn’t work, requiring rebuild without cache. I’m sympathetic to managing this stuff in a general way, but some feedback on what the issues are or if it’s being worked on or what would be welcome.

3 Likes

Thanks for the script, but when you will include it by default?

+1 to this, my team would really benefit as well.

+1 installing phantomjs is unreliable, casing semi-regular errors for us, see Intermittent phantomjs error during build

@kimh When are you guys going to update to 2.1.1 ?

We are sunsetting Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) build image. Could you please use Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) build image where the default phantomjs is 2.1.1 ?

1 Like

Cool will give that a try. Thanks!

Any feedback on using Trusty?

Yeah seems to work :slight_smile: Had a few issues with Redis, but got those solved as well.